Ghana has sucessfully evacuated survivors of a terrorist attack in Burkina Faso that left seven Ghanaian nationals dead in the northern town of Titao.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Ghana Armed Forces said the evacuation involved three Ghanaian tomato traders who were wounded during the attack.
The operation was conducted on Tuesday by the Ghana Air Force as part of a coordinated humanitarian and security response by the government.
The Armed Forces said the injured survivors had been transported to the 37 Military Hospital for further medical assessment and treatment. They also expressed condolences to the families of those killed and wished the injured a speedy recovery.
Government officials said the victims were part of a group of Ghanaian traders who had travelled to Burkina Faso for commercial activities when armed militants attacked the town.
The traders regularly crossed the border to purchase tomatoes and other agricultural produce as part of a longstanding informal trade network between the two neighbouring countries.
Ghanaian authorities said engagement with Burkinabe officials is ongoing as efforts focus on supporting affected families and strengthening the safety of cross-border traders.
The Burkinabe government since the military coup led by Captain Traore in 2022, has taken a firm and uncompromising stance against violent attacks. The latest attack underscores the continuing security challenges confronting the Sahel region.



No Comments
Join the DiscussionBe the first to join the discussion!